MAFF DOCUMENTARY DEVELOPMENT FUND
Submission for MAFF Development Funding is now open deadline may 31, 2019!
MAFF Development Funding aspires to stimulate co-productions between Sweden and the Arab countries and is available for feature films and documentaries. MAFF offers development funding to emerging and established filmmakers who have a compelling and distinctive story to tell. Our mission is to encourage and enable filmmakers to develop their work and ambitions. We are also keen to encourage films with Arabic cultural content, reflecting the Arab world and Arab life, as part of our portfolio.
RULES & REGULATIONS
Malmo Arab Film Festival “MAFF” is the leading Arab film festival outside Middle East. Since its inception in 2011, MAFF has served as an influential platform for Arab filmmakers and talent at an international level, by spearheading the cinema movement in the region.
Our industry arm, MAFF Market Forum, will run alongside MAFF and provide a dynamic environment for fruitful interaction and discovery of the world of the Arab cinema. Malmo Market Forum has different networking sessions, panel discussions, seminars and pitching sessions from various film professional from all over the world.
Submissions for the 5th edition of MAFF Market Forum “MMF”, running from October 5-8, 2019
If you wish to have your film considered for MMF 2019, please read carefully and accept the Rules and Regulations before submitting your film.
MMF various Development funding programmes and awards:
- Development fund for feature films
- SEK 150,000 presented by the Swedish Film Institute
- Development fund for documentary films
- SEK 75,000 presented by the Swedish Film Institute
GENERAL ELIGIBILITY AND CONDITIONS – FEATURE AND DOCUMENTARY FILMS
- Films must be co-produced by a Swedish partner and one of the below two points
- The story of the film must have a connection to Arab culture, identity or exile.
- The film is a co-production between at least one Swedish and one Arab producers.
- Only complete submissions will be reviewed and considered. Incomplete submissions will not be processed.
- The film must be 70 minutes or more for both programmes (Feature and Documentary)
- Decisions on selected projects can not be appealed. Malmo Arab Film Festival, MAFF Development Funding Committee or the Swedish Film Institute are not obliged in any way to give any reasons and/or comments on the reasons for the non-selected projects.
- 1 -2 representative of the project will be invited to Malmo Arab Film Festival during MMF to participate in the pitching sessions, one to one meetings with the committee of the MAFF development funding
- Malmo Arab Film Festival or the Swedish Film Institute is not obliged in any way to participate or contribute to the selected projects for future production, whether as donors, co-producer, or partners in any other way.
- MAFF Market Forum, Malmo Arab Film Festival and the Swedish Film Institute shall be listed as co-producers of the film, and include the logos in film closing credits, as well as for dissemination and in any promotional materials associated with the production.
- Sweden shall be included as a country of production in all materials.
- Granted development funding that has not been used shall be repaid.
- The funding is paid according to the agreement between the Swedish authorized representative of the film project and the Swedish Film Institute.
- Other rules and regulations of development funding applies according to the conditions stated by the Swedish Film Institute.
- MAFF has the right to screen winning projects (if selected at Malmo Arab Film Festival) as Swedish premiere in the upcoming edition after project is completed.
- Winning projects to inform MAFF on a regular basis (every 3 months) of latest funding progress, development status of the project, market/awards and festival participation, and to send a viewing copy of the film when completed.