AWARD FOR MAFF FEATURE DEVELOPMENT FUND IS SEK 150,000 PRESENTED BY THE SWEDISH FILM INSTITUTE
ELIGIBILITY AND CONDITIONS:
- Films must be co-produced with a Swedish partner and must fulfil the criteria listed below:
- The story of the film must have a connection to Arab culture, identity or exile.
- The film is a co-production between at least one Swedish and one Arab producer.
- Only complete submissions will be reviewed and considered. Incomplete submissions will not be processed.
- The film must be 70 minutes or more for both programmes (Feature and Documentary)
- Decisions on selected projects cannot be appealed. Malmo Arab Film Festival, MAFF Development Funding Committee or the Swedish Film Institute are not obliged in any way to give any reasons and/or comments on the reasons for the non-selected projects.
- 1 -2 representative of the project will be invited to Malmo Arab Film Festival during MMF to participate in the pitching sessions and the one-to-one meetings with the committee of the MAFF development funding.
- Malmo Arab Film Festival or the Swedish Film Institute is not obliged in any way to participate in or contribute to the selected projects for future production, whether as donors, co-producers, or partners in any other way.
- MAFF Market Forum, Malmo Arab Film Festival and the Swedish Film Institute shall be listed as co-producers of the film, with their logos included in the film’s closing credits, as well as for dissemination and in any promotional materials associated with the production.
- Sweden shall be included as a country of production in all materials.
- Granted development funding that has not been used shall be repaid.
- The funding is paid according to the agreement between the Swedish authorized representative of the film project and the Swedish Film Institute.
- Other rules and regulations of development funding applies according to the conditions stated by the Swedish Film Institute.