MAFF SHORT DEVELOPMENT FUND
Submission for MAFF Short Development Funding is now open deadline may 31, 2019 !
Short films development fund supports projects for Nordic citizens with Arab origin or the story of the film has a connection to Arab culture, identity or exile in development stage.
RULES & REGULATIONS
Malmo Arab Film Festival “MAFF” is the leading Arab film festival outside Middle East. Since its inception in 2011, MAFF has served as an influential platform for Arab filmmakers and talent at an international level, by spearheading the cinema movement in the region.
Our industry arm, MAFF Market Forum, will run alongside MAFF and provide a dynamic environment for fruitful interaction and discovery of the world of the Arab cinema. Malmo Market Forum has different networking sessions, panel discussions, seminars and pitching sessions from various film professional from all over the world.
Submissions for the 5th edition of MAFF Market Forum “MMF”, running from October 5-8, 2019
If you wish to have your film considered for MMF 2019, please read carefully and accept the Rules and Regulations before submitting your film.
MMF Short films development fund award(s):
- Development fund for short films
- SEK 30,000 presented by the Film I Skane
GENERAL ELIGIBILITY AND CONDITIONS – SHORT FILMS
- Director and/or producer must be a Nordic resident (Sweden, Norway, Denmark, Finland, Iceland) and one of the below two points
- Nordic resident is of an Arab origin.
- The story of the film must have a connection to Arab culture, identity or exile.
- Short narrative films. (documentary is not eligible).
- Only complete submissions will be reviewed and considered. Incomplete submissions will not be processed.
- Decisions on selected projects cannot be appealed. Malmo Arab Film Festival, MAFF Development Funding Committee or Film I Skane are not obliged in any way to give any reasons and/or comments on the reasons for the non-selected projects.
- 1 -2 representative of the project will be invited to Malmo Arab Film Festival during MMF to participate in the pitching sessions, one to one meetings with the committee of the MAFF development funding
- Malmo Arab Film Festival or Film I Skane is not obliged in any way to participate or contribute to the selected projects for future production, whether as donors, co-producer, or partners in any other way.
- MAFF Market Forum, Malmo Arab Film Festival and Film I Skane shall be listed as co-producers of the film, and include the logos in film closing credits, as well as for dissemination and in any promotional materials associated with the production.
- Sweden shall be included as a country of production in all materials.
- Granted development funding that has not been used shall be repaid.
- The funding is paid according to the agreement between Malmo Arab Cinema Center and the authorized representative of the winning project>
- Other rules and regulations of development funding applies according to the conditions stated by Film I Skane.
- MAFF has the right to screen winning projects (if selected at Malmo Arab Film Festival) as Swedish premiere in the upcoming edition after project is completed.
- Winning projects to inform MAFF on a regular basis (every 3 months) of latest funding progress, development status of the project, market/awards and festival participation, and to send a viewing copy of the film when completed.