POST PRODUCTION PLATFORM
Post Production Platform is a fund for feature-length narrative and documentary projects in post-production by directors of Arab nationality or origin. Post Production Platform was established to support and encourage Arab filmmakers to professionalize the finalization of their film productions and provide them with the opportunity to promote it at an international film forum.
The Post-Production Platform supports filmmakers by offering them assistance and coaching to complete their projects. We will hold closed screenings of 20 min excerpts from 8 new feature films (narrative and documentary) that are in the final stages of the editing process or available for distribution. A panel of select industry experts and a jury provides immediate individual feedback.
The films are screened in an intimate environment. This is a chance to see clips from a film-in-the-making and provide valuable peer feedback to its director.
The screenings will be followed by a day of pre-booked one-on-one meetings tailored to the needs of the projects where participants will be able to present their projects in more detail to industry experts and jury members.
The Post-Production Platform will pay accommodation for one representative for each selected project during their stay in Malmö during MAFF Market Forum 2020
Application to MAFF Market Forum Post Production Platform
- Feature (narrative or documentary) film directed by Arab filmmaker
- Project in the stage of post-production
- The film must be at least 70 minutes for narrative category, and 50 minutes for documentary category
- 20 min excerpt available for screening
- At least one representative of the project must be able to come to Malmö during MAFF Market Forum 2020
- All participating film projects must have English subtitles
- Swedish co-producer is NOT required
SUBMISSION IS OPEN TILL 31 May 2020
MMF Post Production Platform awards consist of more than $ 100,000. Only the film projects selected as winners by the jury will be granted awards.
The name of the projects selected to receive the support will be announced during the closing ceremony of MAFF Market Forum on October 11, 2020.